This is an introductory course about the practice of Chair Yoga designed for yoga teachers and anyone who works with people with limited mobility. In this course you will:
- an asana manual with photos of yoga poses adapted for a chair
- a master chair yoga sequence with options for modifying and adapting
- a teaching manual outlining the tools and techniques of Chair Yoga
- Examine the unique needs of people with limited mobility with guest teacher Ann Marie Lane
- Learn asana, pranayama, meditation, relaxation, mudra and mantra
- Participate in two full length Chair Yoga classes
- Practice planning and teaching Chair Yoga classes
- Come to understand safety as it relates to teaching Chair Yoga
- Be introduced to the various yoga props used in a Chair Yoga class
- Apply yoga philosophy to this method of teaching
Date: November 10 & 17, 2019
Time: 9am-4pm daily (12 hours)
Location: Embody Yoga & Wellness, Forbes St.
This course qualifies for
Continuing Education (12 hours)
This course is open to yoga teachers and anyone who works with people with limited mobility and who would like to incorporate yoga tools into their practice (doctors, physiotherapists, home care workers, and many more). Note that completion of this course *will not* give you a designation of Certified (or Registered) Yoga Teacher. Click here for information on becoming a Certified Yoga Teacher.
If you are wondering if this program is right for you please contact me to discuss. Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.