2017 program is FULL.
The following is information about the 2018 program.
Information Session: (date TBD) Join us for a casual discussion and an opportunity to ask any questions you have about the program. Note that this session is not required for application, it’s simply an opportunity to come out and meet the teachers and ask questions.
Please see information, session dates and application form for the 2018 program below. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire or to submit your application. I am happy to answer any questions you have about the program by email or to set up a short introductory phone call to discuss.
Bobby Bessey and I co-teach this program which takes place over 12 months (10 weekend intensives) in St. John’s, NL.
Who this program is for
- People who want to teach yoga
- Teachers of yoga who want to deepen their understanding and experience of teaching or who wish to register with Yoga Alliance
- Serious students wishing to deepen their practice
- Anybody involved in healthcare or education with the desire to compliment their professional work with the vast wisdom of yoga and pass on the benefits of this ancient practice to their clients, patients or students.
- Yoga asana, pranayama and meditation (personal practice, theory and techniques)
- History of Yoga, ancient to modern
- Yoga Philosophy (Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika)
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Teaching methodology (preparing to teach, sequencing, observation, assisting, demonstration, use of props, and more)
- Subtle body theory
- Yoga for specific populations and conditions (prenatal yoga, yoga therapy)
- Teaching ethics and the business of teaching yoga
- Asana clinic (learn to teach all major categories of yoga asana and apply that learning through practice teaching)
Each weekend consists of Friday evening, and full days Saturday and Sunday. The daily schedule is: Friday 7:00-9:30pm, Saturday & Sunday 8:00am-5:00pm
Weekend start dates (the Friday date) for the 2017 program are as follows: Jan. 26, Feb. 23, Mar. 23, April 27, May 25, June 22, (no classes in July or Aug.), Sept. 7, Oct 12, Nov. 2, Nov. 30.
There are no weekend intensives scheduled for July and August. During this time participants will complete homework assignments, observe senior teachers’ classes and do practice teaching.
Thank-You to Bobby and Meaghan for organizing such a life changing RYTT Program. You are inspiring women and teachers who have encouraged me to listen to my body, from the feeling in my muscles right down to a cellular level. Instead of trying to pull, push, or guilt myself into Yoga poses, I’m learning the power of my Breath. Poses and trains of Healing thought that I had never thought possible are now within reach. For anyone who loves Yoga and learning, this program is a fulfilling experience. You won’t believe how fast it goes and how much you will learn about yourself.
-Claire Belanger, 2012 Shakti Yoga Studio Teacher Training Graduate
I debated taking this yoga training session for over a year. I just didn’t feel I was “enough”… Maybe some of you felt this way? I wasn’t “flexible enough”, ” meditative enough”, ” spiritual enough”, ” thin enough”… Just generally not “yoga enough”. But I took a leap of faith and grabbed the opportunity to grow and am very glad that I did. Bobby and Meaghan were welcoming and supportive. They helped me, and I am sure all of us, to see that each of us has something special we can offer, that maybe someone else can’t. Our life experiences have shaped who we are and will help us each bring something valuable to share with our students.
I learned that there is no perfect yoga pose, or that I have to be able to do every yoga pose perfectly, to share the love of yoga with others. I guess they helped me let go of ego and judgement of myself and others. I learned that I am enough just the way I am. I deeply value our weekends together and do miss them.
-Raelene White, 2013 Shakti Yoga Studio Teacher Training Graduate
I was a little nervous beginning Yoga Teacher Training. My body was in its worst shape in my life and I wondered if I would be suitable to complete teacher training. However, I also knew that yoga was so much more than what I was capable of physically… I just didn’t know enough about it and wanted to know more. I entered into the program mostly for personal development reasons. I wanted to confidently say, “I’m a yogi,” and understand what that really meant. I got a lot more than I bargained for. Meaghan and Bobby offer an incredible depth of knowledge, compassion, and excellence in teaching. They opened my mind through practice, teachings, readings, assignments, discussions, and encouragement to do our own personal exploration of yoga. The personal experiences that Meaghan and Bobby bring have not only created an outstanding program, but have made it interesting and fun. Their ability to lead created not only an amazing class, but a cohesive community of yogis. I gained a much deeper understanding of yoga – not only how to teach the poses, but all aspects of yoga to bring mind, body, and spirit together – and I feel confident teaching classes after taking this program. I have definitely deepened my personal practice and knowledge… and I am a yoga teacher. I highly recommend this program to anyone interested in deepening their own personal yoga practice, understanding yoga as a tool for spiritual development, or teaching yoga.
-Tina Pomroy, 2015 Yoga Teacher Training NL Graduate
- have been practicing yoga for at least one year
- have a regular yoga practice – attend classes regularly and/or have a regular home practice
- have an interest in all aspects of yoga including philosophy, pranayama and meditation
- be in generally good health (physical and mental) so as to fully participate in the rigorous training schedule (please email me to discuss if you are uncertain about this. “generally good health” does not mean “perfect” health 🙂 )
Applicants may be asked to participate in an application interview before acceptance to the program.
The program cost is as follows:
- Early Bird Price: $2800 (applies when application form and deposit are received by August 31, 2017)
- Regular Price: $2950 (applies from September 1, 2017 onward)
A non-refundable deposit of $500 is collected when you submit your application (this will not be accepted via EMT – electronic money transfer – until your application has been approved and you have been accepted into the program).
Please see the application instruction document (below) for details on the payment schedule and available payment plans.
To apply, please read the application instructions document here and then complete this application form (or see below). I look forward to hearing from you! Contact me with any questions at email@example.com or 709.765.1136