If you are in need of breastfeeding resources there are many, many excellent ones to choose from!
Where to get help locally:
- If you need a home visit or one-on-one support contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-1136
- Private IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) Janet Beattie offers in home consultations. Contact: email@example.com
- For telephone and email support as well as excellent monthly support meetings contact our local branch of La Leche League. Contact info and meeting details are here.
- Eastern Health offers breastfeeding clinics in and around St. John’s. Some of these clinics are staffed with IBCLCs. Find information here.
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, La Leche League (You know how people wish babies came with an instruction manual? This is it! The very best breastfeeding resource around, in my opinion)
- Dr. Jack Newman’s Guide to Breastfeeding
- Sweet Sleep, La Leche League
There are many more excellent breastfeeding books than are listed here. If you’re looking for something on a specific topic please get in touch with me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Websites and online support:
- La Leche League Canada: http://www.lllc.ca
- IBCLC Kelly Bonyata: http://www.kellymom.com
- Dr. Jack Newman: http://www.breastfeedinginc.ca
- Local Facebook Support group: Breastfeeding Support – Newfoundland & Labrador
- BabyFriendly NL: http://www.babyfriendlynl.ca/
Birth Support & Preparation
A positive birth experience goes a long way towards getting breastfeeding off to a good start.
Consider hiring a doula for your birth. Find local professionals here: http://doulacollectivenl.ca/
Birth classes available in and around St. John’s: