Graduates of our 2012 YTT-NL program Carolyn Hapgood and Helena Butler have gone on to make a big impact in the local wellness community. Since graduating with their 200 hour certification Carolyn and Helena have gone on to become Registered Yoga Therapists (a 200 hour certification is a pre-requisite for this training) and Internationally Certified Neurogenic Yoga™ Teachers. In fact, they are the only two Neurogenic Yoga Teachers certified in Canada!
From Carolyn’s website:
Neurogenic Yoga™ combines postures, breathing and a natural shaking/tremoring response of the body to relieve stress, tension and trauma.
Neurogenic Yoga™ is especially suitable for treating chronic pain, daily stress & pent up tension, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Parkinson’s Disease, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, to name a few. It may be suitable for almost anyone with the exception of pregnant women.
Some of the many BENEFITS of Neurogenic Yoga™:
- A safe and natural way to release chronic pain and tension
- Experience positive changes in your sleep patterns
- Change deep seated habits
- A sense of feeling more relaxed and less impacted by stressors
- Bring homeostasis to your body
- *****Designed to eventually be done without the aid of a teacher and can therefore cut down on health-care expenses